Montecolino, which has always paid attention to the sustainability of its products, has taken a virtuous path to reduce its environmental impact. The result has led, not only to a significant reduction of the production waste and a decrease in emissions, but also to a drastic reduction in waste generated after the use of the products. Since 2017 Montecolino decides to take advantage of the experience gained in 15 years of recovery of internal waste and to apply the recovery system to carpet’s post-consumption, the project
montECOlino Recycling Carpet was born.
“We have developed a carpet management system for the exhibition industry which provides the transformation of the carpet into a new raw material after its use. Stop landfill for a sustainable future in the exhibition industry, following the concept of circular economy as defined by Ellen MacArthur Foundation”
• Since 2017 Montecolino begins the turnkey management of some fairs by organizing the supply, installation, removal and disposal of carpets
• In December 2018 the IMQ certification «Recyclable Plastic» was obtained involving 55 types of carpets projected for trade fairs, homes, hotels, offices and sports use. Montecolino decides to re-design its products thinking about the destination after use. By reducing weight and increasing performance, we get the lightest and most resistant exhibition floor in the world::
less raw material, less energy used during production and less weight and volume to be transported.
• In January 2020 Fiera Milano assigns the Vip Card 2020 recognizing the circular economy project value in carpet recovery and for the company’s attention to the environment and to the sustainability policies close to the sensitivity of Fiera Milano group
• In February 2020 Montecolino wins the IDIA Award 2020 (IFES Development Innovation Award 2020)..
• In October 2020 ICESP (Italian Circular Economy Stakeholder Platform) inserts the carpet recovery project developed by Montecolino in “Circular Economy good practices”
• In June 2021 UFI-The Global Association of the Exhibition Industry inserts the project on its own website among the Best Practices of Sustainable Development Award 2021 Partnerships for Sustainability in and after Covid 19-times..
The partnership between Montecolino and Fiera Milano is cited as a cooperation example for the development and implementation of the Circular economy.
Wèp (wallECOpannel) the panel with an emphasis on ecology
The panel intended for vertical partitions can become the wall of a stand, a decorative element for a shop window, a sign, a totem, a piece of furniture or the infill of a pavilion. The panel is made from recycled material and at the end of its life it will be obviously recyclable into a new panel.
With each step, the recycling rate increases, and the circular economy becomes more and more efficient.
Obviously, the chemical composition of the carpet and of the panel is identical and therefore the recycling process already tested for floors is confirmed to be effective for walls as well. This panel can be printed with high-definition digital printing, and it is a candidate to fill a void within the possibilities currently offered to the exhibitor.
Alongside the panel, Montecolino offers a real system that involves the use of customers’ aluminium structures by exploiting a magnetic or mechanical hooking system.
The panel named Wèp is light, easy to handle, quick to install, very quick to disassemble and highly customizable by printing and cutting by plotter. But the time factor is the element that, together with the aesthetics, makes one lean towards this solution. In fact, the critical point of traditional solutions is the setup time. Wèp does not require grouting, it does not require painting, it does not require customization after installation because all these operations can be carried out in masked time outside the Fair.
It will be sufficient to arrive at the Fair and apply the panels to the aluminium structures.
Montecolino together with its partners is able to offer an unprecedented turnkey solution, a new product, a new service but above all
a new project never presented before at the fair.
The montECOlino Recycling CArper Project
involves the transformation of carpet into new raw material for new products. But Montecolino never stops and develops a project to use the secondary raw material obtained from the recycled carpets with the aim of producing a product that finds its ideal habitat inside the fair. Thus begins a new season of the circular economy at the fair. A totally recyclable rigid panel intended for the exhibition sector made up of 3 layers, one of which, the internal one, obtained from recycled products.